A few months after the implementation of ServiceNow, the benefits are obvious:
– Our everyday life is easier now. We see it especially in the incident section. Before, we spent a lot of resources answering calls from our users – to identify the problem, categorize and quantify it – in order to solve it. In the new Incident Management, the employee is guided through all these steps in an online procedure.
– A task that really takes up ressources in a service desk is the recreation of passwords, says Lasse Wilén Kristensen, Service Management Consultant in BusinessNow.
– Help desk spent about 30% of its capacity doing this. So we established a process to recreate passwords and this released plenty of resources for other tasks.
– Before, a” locked “PC could occupy a lot of resources across the organization, says Thomas Michelsen.
– While we were working at high speed in the help desk to unlock the PC, the employee often could not work because the PC was locked. Now, the employee is automatically guided through a process that unlocks the PC. This saves the time of many people. We had an average of 10 calls a day of this kind before implementing ServiceNow.
A new automated error reporting system also facilitated everyday life:
– We have a department responsible for procurement and error reporting of all our IT equipment,” explains Thomas Michelsen. However, the error message procedure was slow – and the IT department became a delaying link because the error message had to pass our desk every time. Fortunately, this now belongs to the past.