– There are great earnings in optimizing a company’s workflows, says Lasse Wilén Kristensen, Service Management consultant in BusinessNow.
Rambøll Management had this experience when centralizing the management of their Service Desk. This released resources to a degree that was clearly felt.
Martin Long Teglgaard, Support Manager at Rambøll Management, emphasizes in particular the development of the employees’ portal:
– We had an ‘out of the box’ portal that was unfortunately not used very much. We optimized both layout and functionality to make the portal more user friendly. Today, the portal is an integral part of our workflow.
– We save a lot of resources when employees are able to solve problems themselves – instead of waiting for our Service Desk to get the job done, he continues.
– Now employees can restore their passwords in a few minutes. Especially accessing the system via their mobile device makes a difference. Help is at your fingertips and you are not “let down” more than a few minutes during the entire process.
– And the resources released in the help desk can be allocated to more interesting tasks.